A Sr. Quality Automation Engineer is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the test framework, writing and reviewing new automated tests, ensuring the successful execution of smoke and regression tests, and providing detailed feedback to product teams related to improving the overall product.
– Experience with one or more of the following: Playwright, Puppeteer, or CodeCeptJS
– Experience writing test cases using Cucumber in Gherkin syntax
– Experience building complex pipelines using Jenkins
– Experience using Git/GitHub
– Experience testing APIs using Postman, or similar tools
– Experience leading and mentoring a team
– Knowledge of Windows Services
– Experience using Python programming language
– Experience using PowerShell and Windows batch files
– Experience using Test Case Management Software such as TestRail
– Database experience with PostgreSQL, SQLite, or MongoDB
– Experience writing automation for mobile platforms such as iOS and Android
– Virtualization experience with VMWare, VirtualBox, or Android Virtual Device
– Ensure daily execution of automated testing: Responsible for ensuring daily smoke tests are run, and new failures are investigated immediately for feedback to the team.
– Root cause analysis of test failures: Provides analysis of automated testing including pass/failure rate and defect detection summaries. Analyzes test failures and identifies vulnerable features/components for further automated test case coverage hardening
– Create and update automated test cases: Creates automated tests based on existing test descriptions and manual execution. Provides design analysis and feedback related to testing frameworks to ensure error-free automated tests and ease of implementation of new automated tests.
– Creation of defect reports providing feedback to the product team: Organizes and conducts code reviews and provides constructive feedback for code improvement.
– Ensures automated tests are written quickly and correctly: Quickly analyzes automated test failures to identify root causes and open product issues for immediate resolution.
– Contributes to best practices for writing automated tests: Establishes refines and follows best practices for writing automated test cases accurately and quickly.
– Provides strategic planning and researches key technologies to use of automated testing: Analyzes existing test case definitions, plans, and priorities for the implementation of the automation of the test cases, including researching new technologies or techniques and implementing them in the automation product.
– Mentors Mid and Jr. Level Quality Automation Engineers: Provide coaching and mentoring to less experienced team members.